~ Chuck The Blogster ~

If there is such a thing as Reincarnation and everytime you come back you come back a little better than the time before... well then I must have been a real Butt the last time around. In Loving Memory Of Marilyn Yvonne Reese Nov. 2, 1938 - Aug. 19, 2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States

I am my Father's Son, my Mother's Child, and my Daughter's Dad. I beleive in God and Truth, anything else is just plain cheap whiskey. And I miss my Brother, Larry Ray.

4.19.2006

11 years


today it's been 11 years since the bombing of the alfred p. murrah federal building in oklahoma city. at that time it was the largest terrorist attack on american soil. that was before the september 11th, 2001 attacks on the world trade center in new york and the pentagon in washington d.c.. on this day, april 19th, 1995 at 9:02 am, 168 people lost their lives. men, women, and children, for no other reason than the sick minds of a few cowardly individuals. it still seems like only yesterday. i remember hearing about it on the news that morning shortly after it had happened, the smoke and the dust had not yet settled. i could not believe it, nothing like it had happened in my lifetime, and now it has happened twice. i pray it does not happen again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long ago. That was a terrible day in history!

April 19, 2006 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its also been 12 years since the Atf and FBI raided the farm in Waco and got a big surpise. Some 54 days later they torched the place with 80 something men, women, and children inside. One Timothy McVeigh was watching as thousands of others with a like mindset were. He plotted a strike back at the FBI and carried it out. Those were both very sad times in US history. We should never forget about Waco or OK City.

April 20, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

anonymous, you are correct we should not forget. the media seems to let those incidents fade away, thanks for stopping by.

April 23, 2006 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
hit Counter