~ Chuck The Blogster ~

If there is such a thing as Reincarnation and everytime you come back you come back a little better than the time before... well then I must have been a real Butt the last time around. In Loving Memory Of Marilyn Yvonne Reese Nov. 2, 1938 - Aug. 19, 2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States

I am my Father's Son, my Mother's Child, and my Daughter's Dad. I beleive in God and Truth, anything else is just plain cheap whiskey. And I miss my Brother, Larry Ray.

6.14.2007

Here's To The Sunny Slopes Of Long Ago...

There is a place in my head where I will go. A place where sorrow and pain can not find me. A place covered with tall grass, rolling hills, and bright blue skies. The only sounds will be the swaying of the grass in the gentle breeze and the whistle of birds playing. A place where I will feel the warmth of the sun on my face, and my legs will be strong again. I will stand in the grass and let the grass brush past my finger tips as it sways. A place where I can see my brother's face and not be sad. A place where the memories will put a smile on my face instead of tears in my eyes.

Friday after they disconnected his ventilator, I sat with my brother while the breath left his body. His wife came in for a while then left, my other brother was there and a longtime family friend stood with us. Other people came in and out but I never left his side. For over two hours his chest would jerk and heave as he struggled to take his short gasps of air. Our friend said that there has to be a better way of dong this. I agreed. His eyes were open but he was not there. It was a hard two hours. I held his hand, it was cold but he was sweating. Slowly he began to calm down and his breathing came to a halt. It was a welcomed silence. Choking back the tears as best I could, I read the Lord’s Prayer out loud. I want my brother to go to Heaven. I want to see him again someday along with our parents. I hope when my time comes to pass that if I’m not able, someone will say the same prayer for me.

-- Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. --

Amen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is so good sweetheart. So heartfelt.
Hugz

June 15, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I can't even imagine what this was like for you. I am glad you were able to write it down and share it with everyone here. May God continue to comfort your heart as you grieve.

June 15, 2007 10:26 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

thank you both.

September 07, 2007 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Bisnis tanpa modal said...

KUNJUNGI BLOG KAMI :
Semoga Bermanfaat..
• www.raja-bisnisnet.blogspot.co.id
• www.kompas-net7.blogspot.co.id
• www.maslukiss.blogspot.co.id
• www.maslukis.com

March 07, 2016 10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What's happened to Chuck? I stumbled upon this blog and it seems to be many years old. I wonder why no one comes to call.

December 20, 2016 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
hit Counter